Last Saturday’s Walk to End Alzheimer’s was an uplifting and powerful experience for our whole family. It was a gorgeous day out at Liberty Station for the many people who participated. It was touching to see the groups and families coming together in support of or in memory of someone they love who was affected by the disease.
There was a sea of people carrying pin wheel flowers in different colors.
• The BLUE flower represents walkers who have have Alzheimer’s or dementia.
• The ORANGE flower represents walkers who want to see a world without Alzheimer’s or dementia.
• The PURPLE flower represents walkers who have lost a loved one to Alzheimer’s or dementia.
• The YELLOW flower represents walkers who are currently caring for or supporting someone with Alzheimer’s or dementia.
If you haven’t already participated in this event, we really encourage you to find the next one in your area to walk, volunteer or donate to.
Pam and I will continue to make this event an annual family affair.
- Post-Hospital Care For Hip Joint Replacement Surgery - November 22, 2023
- 10 In-Home Care Tips for Seniors To Improve Mobility - November 3, 2023
- Home Care Advice on Why Your Senior Loved One Has Lost Weight - October 18, 2023